If you have a business in the metro D.C. area that is having technology issues and you can’t get help, feel free to call John Simek or Mike Maschke at 703-359-0700. Our staff is currently working with more than 20 businesses to get them up and running. The storm created all kinds of different problems. None of us will forget this weekend!
Sharon D. Nelson, David K. Isom, and John W. Simek
Trim Size: 6×9 Paperback
Published by the American Bar Association in 2006, this book provides sound advice, guidelines, and assistance, bridging the worlds of law and technology to explore important information security issues that face the legal professional every day.
- The ethical duties of lawyers relating to electronic information security
- Reliable security for small law firms
- Worms, Trojans, spyware, malware, spiders, key loggers and their implications
- Wireless networks and security
- Training lawyers and other law firm personnel in information security
- Incident response plans
- Securing your data during E-discovery
Sharon D. Nelson, James A. Calloway and Ross L. Kodner
Trim Size: 6×9 Paperback
Worried about the economy? Are you a lawyer out of work? Are you afraid you will be laid off? Are you struggling to manage your firm through a down economy? Published by the American Bar Association, How Good Lawyers Survive Bad Times will provide you with a wealth of tips, resources, and tools to help you survive in bad times, as well as teach you management, finance, marketing and technology essentials necessary to succeed.
The book is broken out into three parts:
- Part I — Afraid of Losing Your Job? Lost it Already?
- Part II — Managing and Marketing Your Firm In a Down Economy
- Part III — Do It Better, Cheaper, Faster with Technology: Using Technology to Boost the Bottom Line
Sharon D. Nelson, Bruce A. Olson, and John W. Simek
Trim Size: 7×10 with CD-ROM
Discovery and the use of electronic evidence has increased dramatically over the past few years, but many lawyers still struggle with the complexities of dealing with electronic information. This comprehensive book provides lawyers with the templates they need to develop an effective E-Discovery strategy, and to frame appropriate E-Discovery requests. In addition to the ready-made forms, the authors also supply helpful information and commentary to bring you rapidly up to speed in the electronic discovery field. The accompanying CD-ROM features over 70 forms in Word format including the following:
- Interrogatories – Basic to Advanced
- Requests for Production – Basic to Advanced
- Deposition Checklists
- Sample Rule 30(b)6 Subpoena with E-Discovery Duces Tecum
- Sample Motions to Compel
- Sample Motions for Protective Orders
- Sample Motions for Spoliation Sanctions
- Electronic Evidence Protocol Agreements
- Preservation and Spoliation Letters
Over 200 Cases Summarized!
Also included is an extensive electronic evidence case digest with over 200 cases summarized! Written with a view toward simplifying the complexities of computer forensics, this is an essential resource for anyone who deals with electronic evidence and discovery.