Your IT Consultant
Information Technology Blog
by John W. Simek, Vice President of Sensei Enterprises, Inc.
New Collaboration Book for Lawyers
May 2, 2018
My friends and colleagues, Dennis Kennedy and Tom Mighell, have updated their collaboration book. The latest version of The Lawyer’s Guide to Collaboration Tools and Technologies: Smart Ways to Work Together, Second Edition is available at the ABA Webstore at https://shop.americanbar.org/eBus/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?productId=312056356. The updated version covers topics such as:
- The distinction between collaborating within vs. outside your firm
- Collaborating on documents online and offline
- Practical ways to manage cases and transactions
- Simple collaboration tools to use with clients, colleagues, and others
- Commonly used collaboration platforms
- Developing a collaboration strategy for your firm
- Practical issues, tips, and techniques
- The future of collaboration in the practice of law
I particularly liked the section dealing with Slack, especially since the Planning Board uses it for collaborating as we plan for TECHSHOW 2019.