“How do I get internet access when in court?”
This is the #1 support question that we receive. VADER ONLINE requires access to the internet. The answer is to use your phone’s built-in hotspot. To enable/configure your mobile device’s hotspot, please use the following general directions:
Apple iPhone Mobile Device
- Open the Settings app, then select Mobile Data. (In iOS 10 or later. In some older versions of iOS you just select Mobile.)
- Tap Personal Hotspot, and set Personal Hotspot to On. (Tap the slide so it turns green.)
- If Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth are off, iOS will ask if you want to turn them back on. We’d recommend doing so – without them, the hotspot will be limited to USB.
- Tap ‘Wi-Fi Password’ and enter a suitable password. (This isn’t related to your Apple ID or usual Wi-Fi connection.)
- Now check the name of the hotspot listed under To Connect Using Wi-Fi .
- Click the Wi-Fi icon in your laptop’s menu or task bar, or open the Settings app and tap Wi-Fi on an iPad, and choose the Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Enter the password from Step 4.
Android Mobile Device
- Open the Settings app.
- Press the Network & Internet option. (The option is called Connections in Oreo [version 8])
- Press the hot spot & tethering option. (Mobile Hotspot and Tethering in Oreo)
- Toggle the switch next to Wi-Fi hot spot to on. (Mobile Hotspot in Oreo)
- Tap Set up Wi-Fi hot spot to manage name and password settings for your hot spot. (In Oreo, tap the Mobile Hotspot selection again to set the Wi-Fi password.)
- After that’s done, you should be able to find the Wi-Fi network from your other devices. When you’re done, simply follow the instructions again and toggle the switch in step 4 back to the off position.
“Does VADER ONLINE store any sensitive data? How is the information secured and protected?”
VADER ONLINE does not permanently store any data that is entered into the forms. At any time during the session, the user may choose to Download their Case file. If you forget to download the file, the website automatically e-mails you a copy of the Case file if you are automatically logged out due to inactivity.
VADER data is securely transmitted to the browser using Transport Layer Security version 1.2, providing data security, privacy and integrity.
“What is the cost of VADER ONLINE?”
VADER ONLINE is a subscription-based website, and costs $250 per user per year for each of the first five users, and for six users or more the subscription cost is discounted.
“Will you still support the Microsoft Excel-based version of VADER?”
With the release of VADER ONLINE, we are no longer offering support for the Microsoft Excel-based version of VADER. Users who are running the Microsoft Excel-based version of VADER, will need to move to VADER ONLINE to receive the latest updates to the application, including any changes in the law that go into effect on July 1, 2018. The Microsoft Excel-based version of VADER will no longer be updated or supported moving forward.
VADER ONLINE is browser-based and supported on all major browsers and operating systems, with no installation required. In order to continue with the ongoing development and maintenance of VADER, we strategically decided to move the software online, no longer requiring Microsoft’s support for Macros, which has caused problems in the latest Windows and Mac versions of their Excel software.
“Can I share a VADER ONLINE login within my firm?”
No. Each subscriber to VADER ONLINE requires unique logon credentials. Sharing a single logon ID is a violation of the Terms of Service.
“Can I add additional users at a later date?”
Yes. When you initially subscribe to VADER ONLINE, you identify the number of licenses needed. If you need to increase the number of users at a later date, the administrator ID can add additional licenses at any time. When adding licenses, the cost is prorated for the balance of the subscription term so that all firm licenses expire at the same time.
How to Register for VADER ONLINE
How to reset your VADER ONLINE password
How to create a new user on VADER ONLINE
How to start a new Case file on VADER ONLINE
How to save your Case file on VADER ONLINE
How to upload your saved Case file on VADER ONLINE