Your IT Consultant
Information Technology Blog
by John W. Simek, Vice President of Sensei Enterprises, Inc.
Best Wi-Fi Router for Your Specific Situation
December 2, 2020
The majority of us will still be taxing our home Wi-Fi networks through 2021. Shocker. Let's face it. The whole work-at-home (study-at-home too) situation has a lot of folks jumping on Wi-Fi networks battling for bandwidth. Perhaps now is a good time to treat yourself to an early Christmas present and upgrade your Wi-Fi router. The Inventory has its recommendations for the best Wi-Fi routers depending on your circumstances.
- Best Wi-Fi 6 Router for Most People: TP-Link Archer AX21
- Best Premium Wi-Fi 6 Router: Asus RT-AX86U
- Best Mesh Router: Google Nest Wi-Fi
- Best Budget Router: Linksys EA6350
- Best Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Router: Amazon Eero 6
- Best for Long Range: Netgear Orbi
- Best Budget Mesh Router: TP-Link Deco S4
- Best Gaming Router: Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR1000
- Best Gaming Router (Runner-Up): TP-Link Archer C5400X
Be sure to read the post to get more details supporting the recommendations. As an example, the recommended eero 6 will get you up to around 500 Mbps with a three-unit system. You'll need to upgrade to the eero 6 Pro ($300 premium for three-unit system) to get up to gigabit speed.