Your IT Consultant
Information Technology Blog
by John W. Simek, Vice President of Sensei Enterprises, Inc.
First Windows Patch Tuesday of 2023
January 11, 2023
It’s that time of month again…patches released by Microsoft. It was a big day for Microsoft’s patch Tuesday. Bleeping Computer posted information for the patches that fix 98 flaws including one zero-day. The patch count for the number of bugs in each vulnerability category include:
- 39 Elevation of Privilege Vulnerabilities
- 4 Security Feature Bypass Vulnerabilities
- 33 Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities
- 10 Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- 10 Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- 2 Spoofing Vulnerabilities
Other vendors such as Intel, Cisco, Adobe, etc. released patches too. In case you need to be reminded, now would be a good idea to update your computer systems. With so many updates being released by multiple vendors, you know the cybercriminals are hunting for the low hanging fruit of those that don’t patch.