Your IT Consultant
Information Technology Blog
by John W. Simek, Vice President of Sensei Enterprises, Inc.
Price Hike Coming for Business Microsoft 365 Users
August 26, 2021
Every time you turn around, prices are increasing for everything from paper clips to automobiles. Not to be outdone, Microsoft stands to make a boatload of money by raising prices for Microsoft 365 subscriptions. Computerworld reported that Microsoft has plans to raise the price of some subscription plans by up to 25% effective March 1, 2022. Microsoft justifies the price increase in a company blog post citing the constant improvement over the last ten years.
The announcement covers price increases for most (but not all) business and enterprise subscription plans. The prices will go up from $1 to $4 each month or $12 to $48 per user per year.
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic, up $1 to $6 per month, per user.
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium, up $2 to $22 per month, per user.
- Office 365 E1, up $2 to $10 per month, per user.
- Office 365 E3, up $3 to $23 per month, per user.
- Office 365 E5, up $3 to $38 per month, per user.
- Microsoft 365 E3, up $4 to $36 per month, per user.
At this time, there will be no price increase for consumer and education plans. Have you seen the price of gasoline these days? The Microsoft 365 subscription is still a good deal.
Notice: The new RSS feed for Your IT Consultant is https://senseient.com/feed/?post_type=your-it-consultant for those that wish to subscribe in a reader.
Email: Phone: 703.359.0700
Digital Forensics/Cybersecurity/Information Technology