Ride the Lightning
Cybersecurity and Future of Law Practice Blog
by Sharon D. Nelson Esq., President of Sensei Enterprises, Inc.
The 10 Greatest Cybersecurity Risks of 2021
September 9, 2021
CRN posted a slide show on September 7 identifying the 10 greatest cybersecurity risks faced by businesses today, as identified by security vendors.
It’s worth reading the whole thing but here’s the short version of the ten greatest risks:
- Cloud misconfigurations
- Keyword searches by cybercriminals during ransomware attacks to find significant data
- Lack of segmentation for remote workers
- Lack of security for cloud infrastructure and SaaS
- Targeting family members of executives
- Third-party service providers
- Lack of external vulnerability scanning
- Cybercriminals holding data hostage
- Targeting of businesses with cyberinsurance
- Extorting ransomware victims
I could easily add another ten risks, but the ten listed above are scary enough for one post!
Sharon D. Nelson, Esq., President, Sensei Enterprises, Inc.
3975 University Drive, Suite 225, Fairfax, VA 22030
Email: Phone: 703-359-0700
Digital Forensics/Cybersecurity/Information Technology