Digital Forensics Dispatch
Digital Forensics Blog
by Sensei Enterprises, Inc.
Mobile Forensics and Cell Phone Evidence – What You Need to Know
February 16, 2023
Mobile forensics has become increasingly important in today’s digital age, where cell phones have become a ever-present part of our lives. These devices can contain a wealth of information that can be critical to various types of cases, including civil litigation, employment disputes, and personal injury claims.
When experts examine a cell phone, they can discover many types of evidence, like:
- Call logs: These show when someone called or received a call from another person and for how long it lasted.
- Text messages: These show the contents of messages sent or received, the time sent and received, and the phone numbers of the sender and receiver.
- Internet browsing history: This reveals the websites that someone visited and the things they looked for online.
- GPS data: This information shows where the cell phone was at different times.
- Social media activity: This information shows what someone posted, shared, or commented on social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram.
Getting this information from a cell phone can be a complicated process, and there are legal requirements that must be met before experts can access this data. But, if done correctly, the information obtained from a cell phone can be helpful in legal cases to understand events and facts and can be used as evidence to support someone’s claim.
Sensei’s experts are ready to help you with any case involving a cell phone or mobile device. To learn more about our digital forensic services, email us at , give us a call at 703.359.0700 or fill out the contact us form.
Email: Phone: 703.359.0700
Digital Forensics/Cybersecurity/Information Technology