Your IT Consultant
Information Technology Blog
by John W. Simek, Vice President of Sensei Enterprises, Inc.
Common Cloud Security Mistakes
September 10, 2020
Moving to the cloud? Make sure you pay attention to adequately securing the environment. The vast majority of cloud data breaches occur from misconfigurations done by customers and not by the cloud provider. In other words, it is the cloud customers that shoot themselves in the foot. CSO Online posted ten of the most common cloud security mistakes.
- Unsecured storage containers
- Lack of applications protection
- Trusting SMS MFA to secure an account – or having no MFA at all
- Not knowing your access rights
- Leaving ports open
- Not watching for remote access
- Not managing your secrets
- The curse of GitHub – trusting the supply chain
- No meaningful logs
- Not patching servers
There is some great information in the post. Besides identifying the most common mistakes, a solution(s) is provided for each one.