Your IT Consultant
Information Technology Blog
by John W. Simek, Vice President of Sensei Enterprises, Inc.
Run Signal Private Messenger on Your Computer
January 13, 2021
Users are quickly abandoning Facebook’s WhatsApp and jumping over to Signal or Telegram. You don’t have to just use Signal from your smartphone. You can also run the messaging app from your computer. Yesterday’s post covered some features of Signal Private Messenger that you should be aware of. As TechViral listed, Signal provides these features.
- Like WhatsApp, Signal also offers features like messaging, voice, and video calls.
- All forms of communication on Signal Private Messenger is end-to-end encrypted.
- The latest version of Signal also has a group chat feature.
- You can create groups with up to 150 members.
- You can turn on disappearing messages for each chat.
- Signal does offer a few essential security features like Screen Lock, Screenshot protection, Incognito keyboard, etc.
- It also has a unique feature called ‘Note to Self’, which allows you to send messages with details with yourself.
TechViral has the instructions for installing and running Signal on a Windows PC or a Mac. The procedures are very similar between the two. Basically, you download and install the software on your computer. The next step is to link your computer to your phone. Once the devices are linked, contacts and groups will synchronize. You can then use Signal on your computer after the synchronization completes.