Your IT Consultant
Information Technology Blog
by John W. Simek, Vice President of Sensei Enterprises, Inc.
Zoom on Android – Virtual Backgrounds
September 28, 2020
Zoom is a hugely popular video conferencing option for many of us in this work-from-home world. Two features users are very fond of include the gallery view and virtual backgrounds. Those features are so popular that Zoom's competitors are busy copying them. Another reason for Zoom's popularity is the ability to participate in a meeting from all sorts of devices and operating systems. Now you can even have virtual backgrounds while using an Android device. Lifehacker has a post to show you how to enable these and add to your virtual background experience.
- Open the app and join or start a new meeting.
- Once your video feed is active, tap the screen to bring up the in-call menu.
- Tap the "more" choice.
- Tap "Virtual Background."
- Swipe through the thumbnails for the virtual backgrounds and select the one you want to use.
- Select the "None" choice if you want to turn off virtual backgrounds.
Just like on a computer, you have the option to add images to your virtual background library. Personally, we believe it is better to use a computer to participate in a Zoom call. Sometimes it is more convenient to use a mobile device, especially now that you can also have virtual backgrounds.